When it comes to turfing, Rowlands Horticultural Services has everything you need. Offering affordable services from an expert and highly trained team, as well as providing quality materials, we guarantee a job well done every time.
If you want the perfect lawn, then it’s best to call in the experts rather than attempt the job yourself. While it may look easy, turfing requires a level of skill, as well as careful organisation in terms of the materials used and the actual laying process. At Rowlands Horticultural Services, we have all bases covered and can ensure that your garden is fully turfed without the hassle that comes with DIY.
What turfing involves
For effective and professional turfing that looks the part, it’s important to remember a few key points, and at Rowlands Horticultural Services, we’ve got these down to a fine art.
- Water, water, water
- Good soil preparation
- Lay the turf as soon as possible, preferably the day it’s delivered
- Soak the turf after laying (more water!)
- Keeping the turf root damp until the turf has taken root and can’t be lifted (usually 3-4 weeks)
- Top-dress the turf after laying
- After all that hard work, remember to water your lawn after that first month
Turfing requires dedication and a lot more work than many people think, so if you want to guarantee a happy, healthy lawn, then Rowlands Horticultural Services is your first port of call.